I had some Garlic Bread left over from dinner last night, so I wanted to try something different with it rather than just heating it up. I just love spinach, so why not? It turned out absolutely delicious….if I do say so myself. lol!
Makes 1 small pot – about 1 cup
2 cups of fresh spinach leaves or 6 rounds of frozen spinach
1/2 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley. (you could use basil also)
1/4 cup of walnuts or pine nuts
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese – freshly grated
2 garlic cloves
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
- Put everything into a food processor and blitz until blended together.
Serve up. I had mine on bread but you could use this as a base for pizza, in salads, so much more. Will keep in fridge covered for up to 3 days.
After coming down with the cold over the holidays, I was on a mission not only to eat healthier but to use food as a natural healer, so that means more antioxidants and vegetables. Turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 onion – chopped
salt & pepper to season
1 pint of vegetable broth
1/2 can of coconut milk
2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- Pre-heat you oven to 230 deg C.
- Chop up the cauliflower into small florets/cubes, add in the chopped garlic and oil into a bowl and mix through until all combined.
- Place the cauliflower onto a baking tray and bake for about 25 mins.
- Heat a tbsp oil in a pan and gently fry the onion, add the veg stock and bring to the boil, add in the cauliflower then cover and simmer for about 15 mins.
- Add in the coconut milk and stir through, using a hand blender, blend until smooth.
- Cook your rice separately then once ready add to the soup and mix through.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with coriander.
This was really tasty and so healthy and filling.
Avocado eggs 2 ways…..decided to go both ways this morning.
teaspoon chia seeds
pepper to taste
- Softly boil the eggs…..about 6 mins.
- Cut the Avocado in half and remove the stone.
- Gently scoop out some of the middle to make room for the egg and set aside.
- When eggs are done, remove shell and cut in half longways
- Place 1 egg into the avocado and top with chia seeds and seasoning…enjoy!
- With the remaining avocado, mash up, take out the yolks and fill the other egg. enjoy!
Oh WOW! that is all I can say about this delightful wee salad, especially the smoked fish! I purchased the smoked fish again at my local Food Assembly this week https://thefoodassembly.com/en/assemblies/7907 in Glasgow from a new Company called The Campsie Glen Smokehouse http://www.campsieglen.co.uk/ , The Seafood Charcutier!
They are a small family run business producing artisanal seafood products. Based in Kirkintilloch, Scotland. Charcuterie is defined as the art of curing, drying and smoking.
They have begun their range with 3 cures. After they rest the salmon, trout, and halibut in their Island, Highland, and Lowland Cures for 7 days, they dry out up to 25% of their moisture whilst smoking with their unique blend of selected kiln dried wood chips. The whole process is completed by hand carving the products into the packs you see below.
I made a small salad again with using fresh produce from Rhone Cottage http://www.rhonecottage.co.uk/ , here is my list.
Fresh Salad leaves – I used rocket
2 radishes – sliced
1/4 Avocado – sliced
4 small cherry tomatoes – halved
1 tbsp olive oil – for dressing
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar – for dressing
Few slices of Smoked Salmon and Smoked Halibut
Oh so Yummy! I have already ordered more!
Smoked Halibut Salad Smoked Salmon Salad
I came across this recipe from fellow blogger http://thehomemakerslife.com/ , I loved the sound of it and simply had to try, and I’m glad I did, lively dressing for any salad, very tasty.
Makes enough for about 4 servings
- 1 medium-sized ripe avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
- 1 tsp fresh chives
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put everything into a food processor and blitz together until a smooth like consistency.
- Serve over any salad of your choice. Yummy!
Looking again for something different, thought I’d combine my breakfast together, with my love of Green Tea and Porridge in the morning this was a bit of a chance but it kinda worked!
200ml Green Tea
15g Chia Seeds
7g Toasted Coconut Flakes
7 g Walnuts – chopped
- Make your Green Tea as usual, add in the milk and Chia Seeds and mix, allow to blend together overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, put your porridge oats in a bowl, pour over the green tea and chia mixture.
- Cook in the microwave at 800 watt for approx 3 mins.
- Sprinkle Toasted Coconut and Walnuts on
- Serve….Yummy and very nutritious!
For the love of Red! Love it when random ingredients put together turns out delicious!
40g Camargue Red Rice
1 Beetroot – grated
1/4 Avocado – chopped
1/2 tin of Chick Peas
1 tomato – chopped/sliced
Small chunk of Feta Cheese
4 Walnuts – chopped finely
1 tbsp good Olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Cook rice as per instructions on packet (about 30 mins)
- Mix all other ingredients into a bowl, add rice one cooked.
- Mix together olive oil and balsamic vinegar, drizzle on top to flavour.
This is a great lunch, very healthy, full of protein and super tasty.