This is becoming massive over social media, so I decided to give it a go with my own little twist. My curiosity was getting the better of me. I have to say it did just taste like egg , the texture was strange but very pleasant.
2 eggs – separate white from yolk
pinch salt & pepper
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 230 deg and line a baking tray with non stick paper
- Whisk up the egg whites only (separately), with the salt, pepper and chives until stiff
- Spoon out the whites onto the baking paper and make a circle shape, flatten the middle to make a slight well.
- Sprinkle the paprika onto the egg whites
- Bake in the oven for approx 3-4 mins
- Remove from oven then gently put the egg yolk in the middle and sprinkle with chilli flakes.
- Bake for a further 2-3 mins
Hope everyone had a Good Christmas!
With left over Ham I decided to make some potato Souffles with it and they turned out a nice wee delicious lunch treat.
2 medium size potatoes – boiled and mashed
4 Spring onions – chopped finely
Grated Cheddar Cheese – depends on your taste (I used a good handful)
Leftover Cooked Ham
1 Tbsp Flour to bind
butter to coat ramekins
Salt & Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
- Add mashed potatoes, spring onions, ham and cheese to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Separate eggs yolks from whites and add yolks to mixing bowl and mix together with some seasoning. If mixture is too wet add a little flour to help combine.
- Whisk up egg Whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture then pour into some buttered ramekins. Sprinkle some paprika on top.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 220 deg for about 15-20 mins or until golden brown on top.
I seen these on a Pinterest and thought they look yummy…..so here goes…..yep absolutely tasted amazing….I added the paprika for extra flavour.
1 x large Avocado – halved
2 mdium eggs
1 tsp smoked paprika
pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 210 deg
2. Once halved, scoop a little of the avocado out to make room for the egg. (keep the avocado middles)
3. Crack the egg into the Avocado (careful as some of the white might spill over), sprinkle the tops with paprika and pepper and bake in the oven for approx 12 mins or 10 mins if you like it a bit runny.
4. Serve the left over avocado on side with some sprinkled paprika.
I had some chicken left and a sweet potato and fancied something spicy so I came up with this, and I have to say it was rather tasty with a wee kick!
2 Chicken Breasts cut into strips or chunks
1 Medium Sweet Potato chopped small chunks
1 Red Pepper Sliced
1 Onion Sliced
Handful of sweetcorn
200g of chopped tomatoes
250g Black Beans
200ml of Chicken Stock
2 red chilles – finely chopped
1 tbsp Cumin
2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
Garlic – I used 2 cloves.
Salt & Pepper
Grated Mature Cheddar or Jack Cheese to top
1. Coat chicken in paprika and fry until browned all round
2. Brown off onion and pepper in same pan
3. Add in garlic, chillies and cumin, stir for another minute
4. Add in beans, tin tomatoes, sweet potato, sweetcorn and stock, give a good stir until everything is blended together.
5. Transfer to an oven proof dish, grated the cheese on top of each dish and place in oven at 180deg for approx 1 hour. You can of course bake and 10 mins before ready add the grated cheese, but I like the well done flavour.
This dish is filling but if your dividing between 4 then a rice or pitta bread is a good accompaniment.
I’m always looking for a healthy option without compromise on taste, this is so tasty and at only 260 calories per serving with 4g fat…..you wanna try this! Leaves a bit of room for my glass of prosecco…lol!
2 tbsp Olive Oil or Rapeseed Oil
2 Chicken Breasts
1 tsp Coriander
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Garlic Powder or 1 garlic clove
1 onion chopped
150ml Hot Chicken Stock
120g Chick Peas
80g frozen Peas
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan, add chicken, coriander, paprika, cumin and onion and fry for 10 mins to lightly brown.
2. Add garlic, chickpeas, couscous, chicken stock and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover and cook on simmer (Low Heat) for 20 mins until the chicken is tender and the liquid absorbed.
3. Add peas then cook for 5 mins more.
1.5KG Chicken (well oiled with olive oil) – Serves 3-4 people.
For seasoning I mixed the following and sprinkled all over the chicken:-
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Parsley (can use Rosemary)
Cut into wedges 1 onion and 1 wedge of lemon and stuff inside the bird.
I used my Automatic Cooking programme which works out the temperature and time for you…yes I know…no thinking or calculating, amazing stuff. It comes from the Luce Range by Hotpoint. 1 hr and 10 mins later I have a perfectly cooked Roast Chicken…Yummy!
1/2 tsp chilli
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp gram masala
1/2 tsp Turmeric
2 cloves garlic or 2 tsp ground garlic
small handful coriander (chopped finely)
1. Put all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together, make a well in the middle and gently add water little at a time while stirring, continue to add water until you get a smooth batter, it shouldn’t be too thick or too runny. Set aside.
1 x 500g McSween’s Haggis, but Grants and Halls are also good. (500g serves about 3)
1. Cook as per package instructions and let cool. Make into small balls and dip into batter.
2. Gently drop into hot oil and fry for about 4-5 mins. Drain and pat excess oil off with kitchen paper.
1 x Chicken Breast
1. Cut chicken breast into small chunks and lightly fry in a pan to brown.
2. Add some tomato paste to the left over batter mix and stir through until it turns pink, dip chicken chunks into batter and then drop gently into the oil and fry for about 3-4 mins. Drain and pat excess oil off with kitchen paper.
Pakora sauce for Chicken pakora
50g tomato ketchup
2g Mint leaves (finely chopped)
100g Natural Yoghurt
Pinch salt and chilli
1. Mix all the ingredients together, slowly adding the milk to produce a thin sauce. Pour into dish and set aside until ready.
Chilli sauce for Haggis Pakora
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
Generous squirt of tomato sauce
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp hot chilli sauce
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 beef oxo cube
1. Mix all ingredients into a pan and simmer until the oxo cube has fully dissolved. Remove and allow to cool before serving.