I had some Garlic Bread left over from dinner last night, so I wanted to try something different with it rather than just heating it up. I just love spinach, so why not? It turned out absolutely delicious….if I do say so myself. lol!
Makes 1 small pot – about 1 cup
2 cups of fresh spinach leaves or 6 rounds of frozen spinach
1/2 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley. (you could use basil also)
1/4 cup of walnuts or pine nuts
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese – freshly grated
2 garlic cloves
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
- Put everything into a food processor and blitz until blended together.
Serve up. I had mine on bread but you could use this as a base for pizza, in salads, so much more. Will keep in fridge covered for up to 3 days.
Another one of my must makes this year is Satay Sauce, and yay…I’ve done it! So simple and healthier than shop bought versions. I went for a mild version tonight, but I also think that adding a little chilli or tobasco could work just as good if you wanted a little kick to it.
Makes enough for 2 portions of stir fry.
3 tbsp Peanut butter – I used Whole Earth Crunchy as I like the bit of crunch, but you can use smooth and any brand you wish.
2 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Light Brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp peanut oil
2 tbsp lime juice
- Put everything in a microwave jug with 2 tbsp water and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and add to your stir fry.
As easy as that! Yummy!
My favourite go to dressing for…well…just about everything. This, in my opinion is better than shop bought ones…….well I will say that but I’m serious. lol!
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Pinch of dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl and whisk to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
This is so yummy and goes with just about anything I think.
Makes 4 servings
Handful of cherry tomatoes – halved
1 onion – chopped finely
1 clove Garlic
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp tomato paste
Salt & pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan – high heat, add the onion and the pancetta, cook until onion is softened down
- Add in the cherry tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste, salt & pepper and sugar, mix through, cook for about 5-7 mins. Any liquid should thicken.