I do love a good roast on a Sunday, my choice today was a good beef brisket. I haven’t tried this piece of meat before and decided to slow cook. It was so delicious.
1 x Beef Brisket – I used 1kg size
2 Red Onions – sliced into wedges
150m Beef Broth
2 tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp Soy sauce
3 garlic cloves – minced
Salt & pepper to season
1 tbsp oil
- Saute the red onions in a little oil on medium heat for about 20 minutes, remove from heat
- Pat dry the brisket and rub salt & pepper all over
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan to a high heat and sear the meat on both sides until browned.
- Mix together beef broth, Worcester sauce and soy sauce.
- Place the beef into a casserole dish (or slow cooker), pour the garlic and the red onions over the meat the pour the sauce mixture.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven on the Slow Cooker Setting for approx 8 hrs.
- Remove from oven and slice up meat or pull apart, serve with onions and sauce.
I am watching Jamie Olivers new 5 Ingredient Cook programme just now and every week I’m like….I really need to try that. So this week it was Meatball Burgers…just the name sounds amazing.
Its a friday night, you come home from work and want something quick, easy and filling but tasty too…..this is the go to recipe. It was so tasty and so quick and easy to cook. The sauce that you can dip your burger in just made it….yum!
Makes approx 14 meatballs
500g Aberdeen Angus Mince
Pesto with basil
1 tin Plum tomatoes
1 ball mozzarella
Rolls – make sure they are crusty, if you use soft rolls they will fall apart.
- Mix the mince and 2 tbsp pesto together in a bowl and season
- Preheat a fry pan with a little oil, spoon with a dessert spoon some of the mixture into your hands and mould into a ball. (best to have wet hands when doing this)
- Place into fry pan and cook for about 10 mins turning to brown all over.
- Empty the plum tomatoes into the pan and season with salt & pepper.
- At the same time slice the mozzarella and place 1 slice over the top of each meatball, cook for about 2 minutes or until the mozzarella starts to melt.
- Spread 1/2 tbsp pest onto each roll
- Place about 3 meatballs onto each roll
- Dish out the sauce either into a bowl on on your plate. Devour!
O.M.G……if you love peanut butter and chicken you will love this…….even more so when the chicken just tears apart after being slow cooked……..melt in your mouth heaven.
Makes 2 servings
2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp peanut butter (smooth or crunchy…your choice)
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp chilli paste
1/2 cup almond milk
1 red pepper – chopped
Salt & pepper to season
handful of coriander finely chopped for garnish
2 tbsp chopped peanuts for garnish
- Add peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, garlic, chilli paste and almond milk to an ovenproof dish or slow cooker and whisk until sauce is well combined.
- Place seasoned chicken breasts and peppers into dish and cover with the sauce. Cook on Slow Cooker setting for about 7.5 hours.
- Remove from oven and shred chicken with 2 forks, then return to the oven for a further 1/2 hour.
- Serve with your favourite rice and garnish with coriander and peanuts. YUMMY!
I love quiche and with this little magic crisper plate of mine I just had to give it a try. Amazing results in just 16 minutes with a lovely crusty bottom. I also got my creativity on and designed little patterns with the vegetables…….I just love playing around with food…lol!
1 x roll of puff pastry (shop bought)
2 large spoonfuls of ricotta cheese
1 large spoonful of parmesan cheese
1 tsp nutmeg
handful of grated Mozzarella cheese
1 tsp oregano
1 red pepper, green pepper
1 red onion
tsp olive oil
- Roll out pastry and place onto preheated crisper plate. (or tart tin)
- Mix together, eggs, all cheeses, nutmeg, salt, oregano in a bowl
- Slice courgette and carrot lengthways and wide, slice onion finely and peppers into circle shapes.
- Spoon cheese mixture into the pastry tin or plate evenly
- Sprinkle the red onion evenly over, place the pepper circles into mix.
- Roll up your courgettes and carrots and place into the cheese mix to decorate evenly.
- Glaze with olive oil on top of vegetables
- Cook on Dynamic Crisp setting for 16 minutes or in an oven at 190 deg for 45 minutes
If your anything like me……I Love peanut butter, so when I saw this recipe being executed on TV I just had to try it. I have adjusted the ingredients slightly to suit our tastes and I have to admit it’s bloody lovely! This will soon be a staple recipe in my household I think.
You can serve it with some rice for a dinner, or even just on a toasted open baguette (which we done) or even as a filling in a wrap for lunch, its very versatile.
Makes enough for 4 people
For the Chicken Thighs and marinade:-
500g chicken thighs cut into strips
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp peanut oil
For the Sauce:-
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (good quality one)
80g peanut butter – crunchy
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp sichuan peppercorns – toasted and ground (you can use rainbow peppercorns too)
2 tbsp peanut oil
2 red chillies – chopped finely or 2 tsp dried chillies
4 spring onions – finely chopped
2 garlic cloves – crushed
1 inch root ginger, finely chopped
- For the marinade for chicken thighs – Mix the soy sauce, peanut oil and cornflour in a bowl, add the chicken and ensure coated evenly, allow to stand at room temperature for at least 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile for the sauce, combine together balsamic vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil and peppercorns until smooth.
- Heat a wok or large fry pan over a medium to high heat, add the peanut oil to heat through until pan is coated, then add in the chillies, ginger and garlic cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the marinated chicken and cook until chicken is browned all over. Add in the spring onions and the sauce mixture coating all the chicken pieces, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of accompaniment.
OMG! These were absolutely amazing! I love sweet and savoury, I know its not for all but I loved this little creation.
4 slices of wholemeal bread (you can of course use white)
2 tbsps extra light philly (cream cheese)
1 egg beaten
salt & pepper
1 tsp honey
2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix cream cheese, honey and 1 tsp cinnamon together
- Take a rolling pin over the bread slices to flatten
- Spoon the cream cheese filling into centre of 2 slices of bread
- Place the other slices over top to make a parcel
- Using a circular pastry cutter, cut out a circle on the bread, remove the crusts
- Whisk the egg, milk, 1tsp cinnamon, salt & pepper together and pout into a bowl
- Using a fork press down the outer edges of the 2 parcels to seal the bread together
- Dip the parcels into the egg mixture coating thoroughly
- Preheat oven to 180 deg and bake the parcels for about 15-20 mins.
- I sprinkles some icing sugar over top and some Maple Syrup for extra taste, this is optional.
So Yummy and delicious!
Oh yes……my magic little crisper plate performs again with excellent results.
Thought I would try an omelette this time as it is a 50/50 chance I get the flip right in a pan……lol!
This crisper plate cooks right through without flipping in just 2 minutes…..oh yes just 2 minutes!
Makes 1 large omelette – 2 people or 1 if your hungry…lol!
Cooked smoked ham pieces
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat crisper plate on crisp setting for 3 minutes
- Whisk together eggs and seasoning, pour onto crisper plate
- Add on your fillings, for me this time it was ham and cheese. (spinach is another fav of mine)
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 2 minutes. Yummy! NO FLIPPING! Perfect omelette.