If your anything like me……I Love peanut butter, so when I saw this recipe being executed on TV I just had to try it. I have adjusted the ingredients slightly to suit our tastes and I have to admit it’s bloody lovely! This will soon be a staple recipe in my household I think.
You can serve it with some rice for a dinner, or even just on a toasted open baguette (which we done) or even as a filling in a wrap for lunch, its very versatile.
Makes enough for 4 people
For the Chicken Thighs and marinade:-
500g chicken thighs cut into strips
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp peanut oil
For the Sauce:-
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (good quality one)
80g peanut butter – crunchy
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp sichuan peppercorns – toasted and ground (you can use rainbow peppercorns too)
2 tbsp peanut oil
2 red chillies – chopped finely or 2 tsp dried chillies
4 spring onions – finely chopped
2 garlic cloves – crushed
1 inch root ginger, finely chopped
- For the marinade for chicken thighs – Mix the soy sauce, peanut oil and cornflour in a bowl, add the chicken and ensure coated evenly, allow to stand at room temperature for at least 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile for the sauce, combine together balsamic vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil and peppercorns until smooth.
- Heat a wok or large fry pan over a medium to high heat, add the peanut oil to heat through until pan is coated, then add in the chillies, ginger and garlic cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the marinated chicken and cook until chicken is browned all over. Add in the spring onions and the sauce mixture coating all the chicken pieces, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of accompaniment.
OMG! These were absolutely amazing! I love sweet and savoury, I know its not for all but I loved this little creation.
4 slices of wholemeal bread (you can of course use white)
2 tbsps extra light philly (cream cheese)
1 egg beaten
salt & pepper
1 tsp honey
2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix cream cheese, honey and 1 tsp cinnamon together
- Take a rolling pin over the bread slices to flatten
- Spoon the cream cheese filling into centre of 2 slices of bread
- Place the other slices over top to make a parcel
- Using a circular pastry cutter, cut out a circle on the bread, remove the crusts
- Whisk the egg, milk, 1tsp cinnamon, salt & pepper together and pout into a bowl
- Using a fork press down the outer edges of the 2 parcels to seal the bread together
- Dip the parcels into the egg mixture coating thoroughly
- Preheat oven to 180 deg and bake the parcels for about 15-20 mins.
- I sprinkles some icing sugar over top and some Maple Syrup for extra taste, this is optional.
So Yummy and delicious!
Oh yes……my magic little crisper plate performs again with excellent results.
Thought I would try an omelette this time as it is a 50/50 chance I get the flip right in a pan……lol!
This crisper plate cooks right through without flipping in just 2 minutes…..oh yes just 2 minutes!
Makes 1 large omelette – 2 people or 1 if your hungry…lol!
Cooked smoked ham pieces
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat crisper plate on crisp setting for 3 minutes
- Whisk together eggs and seasoning, pour onto crisper plate
- Add on your fillings, for me this time it was ham and cheese. (spinach is another fav of mine)
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 2 minutes. Yummy! NO FLIPPING! Perfect omelette.
When I got my new Hotpoint Combi Oven with this Crisper Plate, I didn’t realise just how much I would use it, I call it my magic plate as it cooks everything in a fraction of the time with tasty results.
We all want healthy meals in minutes these days and this little plate does it all. This was one of the first recipes I had seen and used, so tasty and in 12 minutes.
Serves 2 people.
1 large chicken breast – cut into large chunks
6 Salad potatoes of your choice – sliced in half
1 red & green pepper – sliced
1 red onion – wedges
1 garlic clove – sliced
Tomatoes on the vine – I used Piccolo (my fav)
1 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
- I sprinkled my chicken pieces with some smoked paprika for extra flavour – you can of course use anything. I’ve also used rosemary.
- Preheat the crisper plate on the crisper setting for 3 minutes
- Place the potatoes, onion, garlic and peppers in a food bag and drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil in with salt & pepper and shake to coat.
- Place all ingredients onto the crisper plate and cook for 12 mins on the crisper setting.
- Its as easy as that………healthy quick meal in minutes.
- The tomatoes turn very juicy while cooking for that length of time which gives you your juice for the meal, if you don’t like it too juicy, add the tomatoes after 6 minutes.
I had seen loads of recipes for this and keen to try it, so today was that day. It turned out really well and so delicious. I am a fan of Maple Syrup so anything with this ingredient I know I’m going to enjoy.
Makes about 4 portions
4 Slices of bread (you can use anything you like) – I used wholemeal.
4 eggs – beaten
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
For the topping:-
1 tbsp cinnamon
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
3 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tbsp butter
- First oil a casserole dish.
- Lay bread in casserole dish, layering up. I broke my bread into chunks.
- Mix together egg, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and pour over bread in dish
- Leave overnight in fridge to soak or for at least 3 hours.
- Next morning………..preheat oven to 180 deg.
- To make the topping mix together sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup and 1 tbsp butter in a pan until melted together then pour over bread mixture.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes. It will rise slightly.
- Serve with loads of Maple Syrup….Yummy!
We decided to have a spanish afternoon and I was dying to try something different in my new Crisper Plate. Absolutely loved this recipe, healthy, tasty and only 12 minutes in my new crisper plate.
Perfectly served with some San Miguel…….we just needed the sunshine…lol!
Makes a 12 inch size – 4 portions
250g potatoes – sliced (I left skin on but it’s up to you)
1 tbsp butter or oil
Sliced onion (I used shallots – better flavour)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat crisp plate for 3 mins. Place butter on a allow to melt
- Place potatoes onto plate.
- Cook on Dynamic Crisp for 5 minutes.
- Place the onion on top of potatoes and cook further for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs, milk and salt & pepper together then pour over potatoes.
- Cook further for 3 minutes
- Turn on grill and brown for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve. Yummy!
Oh yummy…yummy…yummy! In a bid to try and eat a bit healthier, I decided to make some peanut butter hummus for my saturday night munchies, I got the original recipe from Nigella but tweeked it slightly.
Makes enough for a medium tub – about 400g
1 can chick peas drained
1 clove garlic – peeled
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1 tsp ground cumin
3 tbsp greek yoghurt
1 tsp smoked paprika to serve
- Place everything (except paprika) into a food processor and blitz until smooth. If its too thick still add more yoghurt.
- Sprinkle paprika before serving. Tuck in with some fresh carrots or some healthy crackers.