Looking in my fridge I had to use up my leftover chorizo, so this was my Friday night quick dinner creation. Very filling, loads of flavour and loads of goodness too. I decided to use my Crisper plate instead of a fry pan then oven and was so glad I did as it only took 15 minutes to cook and more importantly 1 dish to wash up….lol!
Serves 4 (or 2 hungry people)
2 white potatoes
1 sweet potato
Chorizo – I used 1/3 of a 225g ring
1 red onion
1 large handful of kale
1 garlic clove or 2 tsp garlic granules
Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Place a knob of butter on plate and pre heat Crisper Plate on Dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes and red onion about 1/2 cm thick
- Slice up the Chorizo not too thick.
- Whisk the eggs into a jug/bowl and season.
- Place the potatoes onto the crisper plate a start to layer up then season each layer with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cook on dynamic Crisp setting for 8 minutes
- Remove then add on the red onion and chorizo, cook for a further 5 minutes
- Remove plate then add on the Kale and pour egg mixture over evenly. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Gently remove and serve. Yummy!
Oh yummy…….Healthy meals a go in my house at the moment, this was a recipe inspired by Jamie Oliver’s 5 ingredient show. I changed it slightly and its 7 ingredients now…lol! It’s been a while since I’ve had tuna steaks and I realised I need to incorporate them more in my meal choices, so delicious and nutritious too.
I cooked these on my crisper plate instead of the fry pan, and in only 3 minutes. A super quick dinner.
2 x tuna steaks
2 tbsps of Sesame and Miso paste, this was a great find. Really good flavour
2 tbsps sesame seeds
100g baby spinach
sugar snap peas
1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- Spread each tuna steak with 1 tbsp of miso sauce and sprinkle the sesame seeds all over to cover.
- Preheat the crisper plate for 2 minutes and place tuna steaks on and cook for 3 minutes on dynamic crisp setting (no need to turn) – you can also fry in a pan over hob for about 2 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan up on hob and fry sugar snap peas and spring onions for a minute with the red wine vinegar.
- Place the spinach in the same pan and cover with a lid. Steam for about 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Serve tuna with greens. Yummy!
I know right!….low calorie doughnuts! O.M.G! Who knew? These are inspired by Tom Kerridge, I just needed to give these a go after seeing him bake these on TV, I have to say they are amazing, the flavour is fabulous and they are extremely light and fluffy too. At ONLY 120 CALORIES per Doughnut……..why would you not?? I have to say I was in heaven this afternoon……my fav Sunday afternoon treat….Fresh Coffee & Doughnuts! (no guilt)
250g Self Raising flour
180ml milk – semi-skimmed
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp chinese five spice
1/2 tsp dried yeast
1 egg beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Gently heat the milk, butter and vanilla extract in a saucepan on hob. (do not boil)
- In a mixer, sift the flour, 1 tbsp sugar (keep 1 tbsp back for finishing), cinnamon, chinese five spice and yeast, mix together.
- Add in the egg to the flour and mix then add in the milk mixture and mix until you get a thick batter.
- If you have a doughnut tray…..brilliant! If not, (like me) spoon the mixture into a piping bag and grease a baking tray.
- Gently pipe round circles like doughnuts onto the tray.
- If you have a proving setting on your oven set or place in a warm place and allow to rise for about 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 210 deg and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Brush each doughnut with a little water and dip into the remaining sugar. You could also use light brown sugar and maybe add 1 tsp of cinnamon for extra flavour.
Then………devour………..and don’t feel guilty about it! Happy Days!
Told you I was on a mission to eat healthier without compromising on flavours! Another cracker of a wee dish, I had this for brunch today (I needed a lay in..lol!) Bonus:- Under 400 calories!
75ml Light Single Cream
Low calorie Spray
1 red onion – finely chopped
1 green pepper – finely chopped
50g kale – shredded
50g Spinach leaves – I used baby
2 tsp Cajun spice mix (1/2 tsp garlic, 1 tsp all spice, 1/2 tsp thyme), (my all spice mix was:- 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 3 cloves)
salt & pepper to taste
- Beat together Cream and eggs with salt & pepper
- Heat spray oil in a fry pan on medium heat and cook through onion and green pepper (3-4 mins)
- Add kale with a splash of water, cook for a few minutes. Sprinkle on the Cajun mix and add seasoning, then add in the spinach, cook until spinach has wilted.
- Spray the mixture with some spray oil and add in the egg mixture, allow to sit for 1 minute then stir through until you have scrambled egg effect. Serve immediately.
Decided to have a chinese nibble tonight, and you can’t have chinese without peanut satay….I just love peanut sauce. Having my Crisper plate I decided to try this plate instead of on my griddle and yip it cooked the chicken amazingly well, in only 8 minutes too….browned on both sides.
Made 6 skewers
2 Chicken Breasts cut into large strips or small pieces
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp squeezed lime juice
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
2 tsp ground ginger
2 cloves garlic minced
- Put all of above ingredients (except the chicken) in a bowl and mix together.
- Add in the chicken and toss to coat, leave in the fridge overnight preferably or for at least 4 hours to marinate.
- When ready soak the wooden skewers and thread the chicken onto the skewers.
- Preheat the crisper tray for 3 minutes, then place the skewers onto the plate and cook on crisper setting for 8 minutes…..no need to turn.
- Serve with some Peanut Dipping Sauce. (I used shop bought)
I was so excited last week as I received my Pasta Maker Attachment for my Kitchen Aid Mixer. I decided to give Wonton wrappers a go…….well what can I say, I just love this little gadget, so easy to use and perfect wraps. I decided to cook them 2 ways, 1 boiled and 1 oven baked for a crispy texture.
Unfortunately I didn’t cut them big enough for actual wonton shapes so wonton rolls/parcels it was……lol. (lesson learned)
For the Dough
150g plain flour
1 egg beaten
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp hot water
For the Filling
1 tbsp oil
3 spring onions – chopped
250g chicken – minced
2cm ginger – finely chopped
1 clove garlic – finely chopped
2 heaped tbsp creamed corn
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce or kepcup manis (if you can get it)
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp dried chillies
- Using the flat beater on your mixer, mix together flour, salt, hot water, oil and egg for about 2 minutes, change to the dough hook and knead until you get a soft silky dough, approx 8-10 minutes. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for about 30mins-1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and with floured hands knead for 30 secs. Cut into slices about 2cm thick.
- Attached the pasta attachment and flour, firstly put dough through on level 1 then pull through and fold then put through on level 2 twice, now turn to level 4 and turn through twice again, then finally turn to level 6 and turn through 2 or 3 times until the dough is almost see through. & repeat.
- Lay dough sheets onto a lightly floured surface and cut into rectangles
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a fry pan and gently fry the spring onions, garlic, ginger and chicken mince until browned. (if you have breast just use a processor to blitz into mince)
- Place chicken mix into the mixing bowl, then add creamed sweetcorn, sauces, chilli, sesame seeds and salt & pepper, mix for a minute until combined.
- Lay dough sheets out and take 1-2 tsp of mixture and place in centre, lightly moisten the edges with water to help seal and pull up the edges to make a wonton, make sure it is tight and no air, if you’ve cut the dough too small (like me..lol) just roll them up and pinch the sides (almost like a spring roll type parcel). Repeat
- To boil….bring a pan to boiling point reduce by 1 and place each wonton in to cook for about 3-5 minutes depending on size.
- To Bake….preheat oven to 200 deg, place on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- I served with sweet chilli sauce (shop bought)……….oh so yummy!
Using some leftovers in my fridge, this is what I came up with for my brunch today. Yes brunch………I had a bit of a lay in this morning.”….I just love Saturday mornings……no alarms…..no rush to get up……no work……heaven.
100g diced chorizo
5 eggs – whisked
4 spring onions – diced
1 orange pepper – diced
1 red onion – diced
6 cherry tomatoes – quartered
parmesan cheese – about 2 tbsps
salt & rainbow peppercorns for seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg
- Fry in a little oil the chorizo and red onion – approx 5 minutes until browned
- Grease a muffin tin
- Place a spoonful of the chorizo in the tin, then sprinkle the peppers, spring onion and tomatoes into the tin.
- Pour in the egg mixture into each tin and then grate a little parmesan cheese on top and season with salt and pepper
- Bake for about 25 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly remove from tin and serve……..so Yummy!