I can’t tell you how this little crisper has changed my cooking methods and even given me quicker cooking times too. It is used in my Combination oven by Hotpoint, the microwave heats up the crisper plate and maintains the heat to cook and crisp from the bottom while the grill comes on to cook and crisp from the top……genius.
4 Italian Sausages (of course you can use any sausage flavour) – cut into thirds
6-8 charlotte potatoes – cut in half
1 red onion – cut into wedges
1 yellow and red pepper – sliced
1 clove garlic
Seasoning:- Pepper, Salt and rosemary
- Preheat crisper plate using dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes
- Put all ingredients onto the plate and season
- Cook using the metal round stand for about 10 minutes then remove, shake (ensuring sausages are getting browned all round) and put back in for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve, if you like your sausages well cooked then put back in for another 5 minutes.
- Just keep your eye on them.
Yummy quick dinner, NO pans, NO baking trays….simple cleaning up too!
I love one pot meals, easy and hardly no washing up, if your sink looks like this after making a meal, then you need this in your life.
Sometimes I just want something quick and this little Steampot that came with my Hotpoint Combi oven is great for this, you just put everything in and cook.
150g Long grain and wild rice (you can just use long grain)
2 Chicken Breasts – cubed
300ml Chicken Stock
2 tbsp Smoked paprika
1 tbsp dried chillies
1 tin of garden peas (drained)
1 red pepper – chopped
1 white onion – sliced
Chopped Chorizo (my favourite is Picante)
Pinch of Saffron
- Coat Chicken in the paprika
- Place everything into the steam pot and place lid on
- Cook on the Automatic Rice Setting for 18 minutes.
- Perfectly cooked paella, the rice is amazing.
I got a Steam Pot with my Hotpoint Combi oven, so I decided to try something different to the normal fish and vegetables. Steam cooking is such a healthy way to cook as it keeps all the nutrients, moisture and structure in the food.
For the Chicken:-
2 Chicken Breasts – season with salt & pepper & crushed spiced red pepper (or chilli)
- Place 200ml of water into the steam pot and place the grid in the pot.
- Place the chicken breasts onto the grid plate and put on the lid.
- Select Steam Cooking and steam for 10 minutes.
Result:- perfect succulent juicy chicken
For the Rice:-
150g of Long grain and wild rice (approx 75g per person)
300ml of Chicken Stock
- Place the rice into the steam pot (remove the grid)
- Pour the stock into the rice and cover with the lid
- Cook on the rice setting for 18 minutes
Result:- perfectly cooked rice
I slightly cheated and bought some ready made Chow mein sauce which I heated up in a pan for a few minutes and poured over chicken and rice…..so yummy!
Serve with a Fortune Cookie! (For a bit of fun!)
O.M.G……if you love peanut butter and chicken you will love this…….even more so when the chicken just tears apart after being slow cooked……..melt in your mouth heaven.
Makes 2 servings
2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp peanut butter (smooth or crunchy…your choice)
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp chilli paste
1/2 cup almond milk
1 red pepper – chopped
Salt & pepper to season
handful of coriander finely chopped for garnish
2 tbsp chopped peanuts for garnish
- Add peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, garlic, chilli paste and almond milk to an ovenproof dish or slow cooker and whisk until sauce is well combined.
- Place seasoned chicken breasts and peppers into dish and cover with the sauce. Cook on Slow Cooker setting for about 7.5 hours.
- Remove from oven and shred chicken with 2 forks, then return to the oven for a further 1/2 hour.
- Serve with your favourite rice and garnish with coriander and peanuts. YUMMY!
Tonight I was using up leftovers, I hate seeing any food go to waste….lol!
With a sweet potato and 1/2 can of mixed beans, I decided on a burgers, my first time at a sweet potato burger too. It was absolutely delicious.
1 sweet potato
1/2 can of mixed beans ( I used five bean salad)
1/2 garlic clove
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp ground smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper and nutmeg to taste
1 tsp maple syrup
2 tbsp flour to help bind
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Cook the sweet potato, you can roast in an oven or boil them, I preferred to steam cook them as it keeps more of the flavour in. I used my fabulous Steam Accessory I got with my new Hotpoint oven. Only took 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, empty the beans and all the spices into a bowl and mix.
- Then add the cooked potato to the bowl – please allow the potato to cool first. Take a masher and mash up.
- Preheat the oil in a pan to medium heat.
- If the mixture is too wet, add in a little flour to help bind. Take handful of mixture and make into a burger like shape.
- Top with sesame seeds then cook for about 5 minutes on each.
- Serve. Yummy!
I first saw this recipe on Asassyspoon , I just had to give it a go as I love Salmon and Avocado so whats not to like! I changed it ever so slightly to suit my tastes and experiment. I also haven’t invested in a spiralizer yet so its cucumber strips instead of noodles…lol!
Makes 1 portion – obviously add quantities for more.
2 Salmon Fillets – make sure its good quality Scottish Salmon…lol!
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp rainbow peppercorns – ground
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp olive oil – good quality
Salt & pepper to taste
For the dressing:-
1/2 lemon juiced
1/2 garlic clove – crushed
Handful Dill – freshly chopped (or you could use parsley)
1/2 chilli – diced or 1/2 tsp dried flakes
2 tbsp water
Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine the chilli powder, pepper, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil. Place salmon in bowl and rub into skin covering all of the salmon.
- Heat a pan on medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. Place fillets into pan skin side down first and cook for 4 minutes, just leave to cook. Then flip fillets over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, remove.
- Meanwhile make the dressing by mixing together all the dressing ingredients in a blender until you have a smooth paste.
- If you have a spiralizer then use that for your cucumber, if not, you can use a peeler to make strips.
- Add the cucumber to the avocado dressing and coat.
- Place the cucumber onto a plate and place the salmon on top. Serve. Yummy!
When I got my new Hotpoint Combi Oven with this Crisper Plate, I didn’t realise just how much I would use it, I call it my magic plate as it cooks everything in a fraction of the time with tasty results.
We all want healthy meals in minutes these days and this little plate does it all. This was one of the first recipes I had seen and used, so tasty and in 12 minutes.
Serves 2 people.
1 large chicken breast – cut into large chunks
6 Salad potatoes of your choice – sliced in half
1 red & green pepper – sliced
1 red onion – wedges
1 garlic clove – sliced
Tomatoes on the vine – I used Piccolo (my fav)
1 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
- I sprinkled my chicken pieces with some smoked paprika for extra flavour – you can of course use anything. I’ve also used rosemary.
- Preheat the crisper plate on the crisper setting for 3 minutes
- Place the potatoes, onion, garlic and peppers in a food bag and drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil in with salt & pepper and shake to coat.
- Place all ingredients onto the crisper plate and cook for 12 mins on the crisper setting.
- Its as easy as that………healthy quick meal in minutes.
- The tomatoes turn very juicy while cooking for that length of time which gives you your juice for the meal, if you don’t like it too juicy, add the tomatoes after 6 minutes.