I just love Lazy Sunday mornings, no alarm, no rushing, relaxing healthy breakfast with a good fresh cup of coffee, no better way to start the day. This little breakfast is so tasty and quick to pull together but also very nutritional:-
Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) is one of incredible green-leafy vegetable often recognised as one of the functional foods for its health benefiting nutritional, antioxidants and anti-cancer composition. Its tender, crispy, dark-green leaves are one of the favorite ingredients of chefs all around the world. It is very low in calories and fats (100 g of raw leaves provide just 23 calories). Fresh 100 g of spinach contains about 25% of daily intake of iron, one of the highest for any green leafy vegetables. Fresh leaves are a rich source of several vital antioxidant vitamins like vitamin-A & vitamin-C.
Eggs Eggs are an all-natural source of high-quality protein and a number of other nutrients, all for 70 calories per large egg. One egg has varying amounts of 13 essential vitamins and minerals plus 6 grams of high-quality protein. The high-quality protein in an egg is essential for building and maintaining lean body mass.
Tomatoes are also an excellent source vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum and vitamin K. They are also a very good source of copper, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), vitamin B6, folate, niacin, vitamin E and phosphorus. They are usually red when mature, but can come in a variety of colors, including yellow, orange, green and purple. The water content of tomatoes is around 95%. The other 5% consist mainly carbohydrates and fiber. One medium sized tomato (123 grams) contains only 22 calories.
2 Large eggs
Mixture of tomatoes
oil 1 tsp
Chopped Chilli (optional if you like a bit of spice)
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan on medium to high heat, half tomatoes and place face down in pan, cook for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and softened.
- Meanwhile bring a pan of water to boil then reduce to a simmer and place eggs in one at a time to poach, I make a swirling motion in water to help bring the egg together. Poach for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the tomatoes and place a lid on for about 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Place spinach and tomatoes on to a plate, top with poached eggs and season with rainbow pepper and chilli. YUMMY!
Breakfast at the weekends are my favourite……..long lazy mornings, the smell of fresh coffee, listening to some morning relaxing music on the radio, (oh I sound old…I should say Spotify!….lol!) a good homemade filling breakfast that sets you up for the day……sound perfect? It’s even more perfect when you have a gadget that simply works everytime, and only 1 pan to ever wash up….now that sounds perfect….does it not?
I’ve made hash browns before using a fry pan on hob, but thought I’d try on my crisper plate and wow, so easy, cooked to perfection, no oil used so therefore its healthier, no turning over and non stick………I’ve said it before but I love this little plate.
2 Potatoes – I used Maris Pipers with skin on, all the flavour is in the skin – don’t peel
Salt & pepper
Knob of Butter
Choice of spices or herbs (I used Turmeric for this one, 2 tsp) I’ve also made it with crushed red peppers for some spice and also a little curried powder.
- Wash potatoes then grate using the large holes on a grater
- Preheat the crisper plate on dynamic crisp for 3 minutes, remove from oven and put knob of butter in to melt.
- Sprinkle the potatoes over the plate, leaving small gaps (like a spiders web), this allows the steam to escape and the potatoes to crisp up nicely
- Season with Salt & pepper & your spices or herbs
- Bake on dynamic crisp setting for 6 minutes
- Remove from oven and crack 2 eggs on top of potatoes, put back in and bake for 1m30sec for runny and 2m for hard egg.
- When you slide it off of the plate it should all stick together like a web.
Using some leftovers in my fridge, this is what I came up with for my brunch today. Yes brunch………I had a bit of a lay in this morning.”….I just love Saturday mornings……no alarms…..no rush to get up……no work……heaven.
100g diced chorizo
5 eggs – whisked
4 spring onions – diced
1 orange pepper – diced
1 red onion – diced
6 cherry tomatoes – quartered
parmesan cheese – about 2 tbsps
salt & rainbow peppercorns for seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg
- Fry in a little oil the chorizo and red onion – approx 5 minutes until browned
- Grease a muffin tin
- Place a spoonful of the chorizo in the tin, then sprinkle the peppers, spring onion and tomatoes into the tin.
- Pour in the egg mixture into each tin and then grate a little parmesan cheese on top and season with salt and pepper
- Bake for about 25 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly remove from tin and serve……..so Yummy!
OMG! These were absolutely amazing! I love sweet and savoury, I know its not for all but I loved this little creation.
4 slices of wholemeal bread (you can of course use white)
2 tbsps extra light philly (cream cheese)
1 egg beaten
salt & pepper
1 tsp honey
2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix cream cheese, honey and 1 tsp cinnamon together
- Take a rolling pin over the bread slices to flatten
- Spoon the cream cheese filling into centre of 2 slices of bread
- Place the other slices over top to make a parcel
- Using a circular pastry cutter, cut out a circle on the bread, remove the crusts
- Whisk the egg, milk, 1tsp cinnamon, salt & pepper together and pout into a bowl
- Using a fork press down the outer edges of the 2 parcels to seal the bread together
- Dip the parcels into the egg mixture coating thoroughly
- Preheat oven to 180 deg and bake the parcels for about 15-20 mins.
- I sprinkles some icing sugar over top and some Maple Syrup for extra taste, this is optional.
So Yummy and delicious!
Oh yes……my magic little crisper plate performs again with excellent results.
Thought I would try an omelette this time as it is a 50/50 chance I get the flip right in a pan……lol!
This crisper plate cooks right through without flipping in just 2 minutes…..oh yes just 2 minutes!
Makes 1 large omelette – 2 people or 1 if your hungry…lol!
Cooked smoked ham pieces
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat crisper plate on crisp setting for 3 minutes
- Whisk together eggs and seasoning, pour onto crisper plate
- Add on your fillings, for me this time it was ham and cheese. (spinach is another fav of mine)
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 2 minutes. Yummy! NO FLIPPING! Perfect omelette.
I had seen loads of recipes for this and keen to try it, so today was that day. It turned out really well and so delicious. I am a fan of Maple Syrup so anything with this ingredient I know I’m going to enjoy.
Makes about 4 portions
4 Slices of bread (you can use anything you like) – I used wholemeal.
4 eggs – beaten
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
For the topping:-
1 tbsp cinnamon
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
3 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tbsp butter
- First oil a casserole dish.
- Lay bread in casserole dish, layering up. I broke my bread into chunks.
- Mix together egg, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and pour over bread in dish
- Leave overnight in fridge to soak or for at least 3 hours.
- Next morning………..preheat oven to 180 deg.
- To make the topping mix together sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup and 1 tbsp butter in a pan until melted together then pour over bread mixture.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes. It will rise slightly.
- Serve with loads of Maple Syrup….Yummy!
This is becoming massive over social media, so I decided to give it a go with my own little twist. My curiosity was getting the better of me. I have to say it did just taste like egg , the texture was strange but very pleasant.
2 eggs – separate white from yolk
pinch salt & pepper
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 230 deg and line a baking tray with non stick paper
- Whisk up the egg whites only (separately), with the salt, pepper and chives until stiff
- Spoon out the whites onto the baking paper and make a circle shape, flatten the middle to make a slight well.
- Sprinkle the paprika onto the egg whites
- Bake in the oven for approx 3-4 mins
- Remove from oven then gently put the egg yolk in the middle and sprinkle with chilli flakes.
- Bake for a further 2-3 mins