OMG! These were absolutely amazing! I love sweet and savoury, I know its not for all but I loved this little creation.
4 slices of wholemeal bread (you can of course use white)
2 tbsps extra light philly (cream cheese)
1 egg beaten
salt & pepper
1 tsp honey
2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix cream cheese, honey and 1 tsp cinnamon together
- Take a rolling pin over the bread slices to flatten
- Spoon the cream cheese filling into centre of 2 slices of bread
- Place the other slices over top to make a parcel
- Using a circular pastry cutter, cut out a circle on the bread, remove the crusts
- Whisk the egg, milk, 1tsp cinnamon, salt & pepper together and pout into a bowl
- Using a fork press down the outer edges of the 2 parcels to seal the bread together
- Dip the parcels into the egg mixture coating thoroughly
- Preheat oven to 180 deg and bake the parcels for about 15-20 mins.
- I sprinkles some icing sugar over top and some Maple Syrup for extra taste, this is optional.
So Yummy and delicious!
Oh yes……my magic little crisper plate performs again with excellent results.
Thought I would try an omelette this time as it is a 50/50 chance I get the flip right in a pan……lol!
This crisper plate cooks right through without flipping in just 2 minutes…..oh yes just 2 minutes!
Makes 1 large omelette – 2 people or 1 if your hungry…lol!
Cooked smoked ham pieces
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat crisper plate on crisp setting for 3 minutes
- Whisk together eggs and seasoning, pour onto crisper plate
- Add on your fillings, for me this time it was ham and cheese. (spinach is another fav of mine)
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 2 minutes. Yummy! NO FLIPPING! Perfect omelette.
I had seen loads of recipes for this and keen to try it, so today was that day. It turned out really well and so delicious. I am a fan of Maple Syrup so anything with this ingredient I know I’m going to enjoy.
Makes about 4 portions
4 Slices of bread (you can use anything you like) – I used wholemeal.
4 eggs – beaten
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
For the topping:-
1 tbsp cinnamon
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
3 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tbsp butter
- First oil a casserole dish.
- Lay bread in casserole dish, layering up. I broke my bread into chunks.
- Mix together egg, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and pour over bread in dish
- Leave overnight in fridge to soak or for at least 3 hours.
- Next morning………..preheat oven to 180 deg.
- To make the topping mix together sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup and 1 tbsp butter in a pan until melted together then pour over bread mixture.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes. It will rise slightly.
- Serve with loads of Maple Syrup….Yummy!
This is becoming massive over social media, so I decided to give it a go with my own little twist. My curiosity was getting the better of me. I have to say it did just taste like egg , the texture was strange but very pleasant.
2 eggs – separate white from yolk
pinch salt & pepper
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 230 deg and line a baking tray with non stick paper
- Whisk up the egg whites only (separately), with the salt, pepper and chives until stiff
- Spoon out the whites onto the baking paper and make a circle shape, flatten the middle to make a slight well.
- Sprinkle the paprika onto the egg whites
- Bake in the oven for approx 3-4 mins
- Remove from oven then gently put the egg yolk in the middle and sprinkle with chilli flakes.
- Bake for a further 2-3 mins
I just love omelettes, one of my favourite quick and healthy meals, breakfast, lunch or dinner its one of those versatile foods and always staple ingredients in your cupboard. You can pretty much put anything in an omelette and it’ll taste great.
This is one of my favourites:-
6 cherry tomatoes – halved
handful of spinach
1 mushroom sliced
Salt & pepper to taste
- Lightly oil frying pan
- Add in tomatoes, mushroom and spinach, cook for a minute
- Whisk up eggs with seasoning and pour over, cook on medium heat for about 4-5 mins or until bubbling, turn and cook for 1 min more.
- Serve. Yummy!
Here are my other favourites:-
Tomato and avocado
Ham & mushroom
Cheese & Ham
Spinach and bacon
Haggis and tomato
Spring onion & Feta cheese
Avocado and mushroom
Sundried tomato and Chorizo
I just love eggs and toast on a Saturday morning but wanted to jazz it up a bit today, so here is my eggs in toast with some spicy avocado bites.
2 Slices of Wholemeal toast (you can of course use white if you prefer)
1/2 avocado – mashed
tsp of chilli flakes
knob of butter
1. Heat butter in a pan
2. Using a cutter take out the centre of the bread slices
3. Place bread slices into the pan and crack the eggs in the centre. Also put the circle bites into the pan.
4. Cook for about 1-2 mins, then flip over and cook for a further 1-2 mins (depending if you want yolk running or not)
5. Meanwhile, mash up the avocado and sprinkle with chilli flakes.
6. Remove the toasts from pan and place on a plate. Take the 2 round pieces and place the cutter you used to cut over then spoon in the avocado mix, remove cutter and place on plate. Sprinkle with rainbow pepper to taste. Yummy!
I just love playing with my food….lol! I was feeling in a creative mood this morning so rather than smashing the avocado (as I normally do) I thought it’s time to try the Avocado Rose bowl design that has been going about for a while now. Not only did I master that, since it’s February, the month of Love, a wee love heart appeared also.
Here’s how to do it.
Little oil and a sharp knife
- Firstly rub your knife and your work surface with a little oil, this helps the knife glide smoothly through the avocado.
- Slowly slice the avocado as thinly as you can.
- Wet your fingers slightly, then slowly fan out the avocado slices to make a long line or u shape.
- Gently start to roll up into your rose bowl design or in fact any design you want to.
I then placed on a piece of toast with a poached egg inside and devoured!