This is becoming massive over social media, so I decided to give it a go with my own little twist. My curiosity was getting the better of me. I have to say it did just taste like egg , the texture was strange but very pleasant.
2 eggs – separate white from yolk
pinch salt & pepper
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 230 deg and line a baking tray with non stick paper
- Whisk up the egg whites only (separately), with the salt, pepper and chives until stiff
- Spoon out the whites onto the baking paper and make a circle shape, flatten the middle to make a slight well.
- Sprinkle the paprika onto the egg whites
- Bake in the oven for approx 3-4 mins
- Remove from oven then gently put the egg yolk in the middle and sprinkle with chilli flakes.
- Bake for a further 2-3 mins
From my previous post as you know I visited the Good Food Show in Glasgow last week and picked up this fab Bread Dipping oil. Well, I planned on having Salmon tonight for dinner and thought….Lemon and Salmon go, why not try marinading the salmon with this oil.
And here are my results………..absolutely delicious, much better than a squeeze of lemon. Just marinade for 1 hour then I steamed cooked in my Combi Microwave and it was truly deliciously delightful!!
Check out their website http://www.charlieandivys.co.uk/
My Homemade Crustless Quiche…great thing about this is you can add any ingredient you like. It is also lower in calories as there is no pastry, so you can make it as healthy as you like.
4 rashers of smoked bacon – chopped (I used morrisons 70% reduced fat bacon)
100ml milk or half fat cream (I used semi skimmed milk to help reduce calories)
handful spring onions – finely chopped
handful of cherry tomatoes – halved
Salt & Pepper
1 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp Nutmeg
- Add chopped bacon to a little spray oil in a hot pan and brown all over. Remove.
- Add bacon, tomatoes and spring onion to an oven dish (approx 15cm x 20cm x 2-3 cm deep) then sprinkle over the nutmeg and coriander.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk and season, pour over the dish mixture evenly.
- Finely grated some cheese of your choice over the top, I just used cheddar for this one.
5. Place into a preheated oven at 180 deg and bake for approx 30-40 mins, checking that your cheese doesn’t burn too quickly, if it does cover with some foil loosely or leave cheese off until 10-15 mins before ready. (Depends what cheese you are using).
6. Serve with a lovely salad for lunch or some boiled potatoes for dinner. Yum!
Amaretti Low Carb Biscuits – Makes approx 16-20 – Per biscuit: 51 calories, 0.5g carbs, 4g fat, 2g protein
150g Almond flour
3 Tbsp Splenda Sugar or alternative (Truvia)
2 Egg Whites
1.5 tbsp Amaretto Disaronno liqueur
1. Pre-heat oven 170 deg
2. Whisk egg whites until stiff
3. Mix flour and sugar together, then add flour mixture to the egg mixture 1 tablespoon at a time mixing in.
4. Add in Disaronno liqueur and mix well.
5. Line baking tray with greaseproof paper and spoon into small round shapes or roll into a small ball in hands and then flatten. Make sure there is at least 2 cm between as they will expand slightly.
6. Bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Let cool and store in an airtight container until desired.
Goes well with a lovely Disaronno Liqueur coffee
1. Make up some real coffee ie: filtered or beans whichever is your preference.
2. While coffee is filtering, pour some milk approx 100ml into a jug and whisk until frothy, you can also heat milk up first before whisking.
3. Pour approx 25ml of liqueur into a tall latte style mug.
4. Pour coffee slowly in and then top with the frothy milk.
Serve with amaretti biscuits….Yummy afternoon delight!
Serves 1 – Calories per serving 350, 5.8g fat, 0.7g sat fat, 7g protein
1 x carrot sliced thinly
1/4 cabbage sliced thinly
1/4 courgette sliced thinly
1 red pepper sliced thinly
2 Handfuls of kale
small tin of sweetcorn or small handful of frozen sweetcorn
1/4 lettuce sliced finely
1 Egg (Boiled)
1 Chicken Breast, sliced or cubed
1 tablespoon of chinese five spice
1-2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1. Boil egg in a pan of hot water for about 7-8 mins until hard boiled.
2. Chop the chicken breast and coat in chinese five spice, then fry in a wok or pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil until browned all over.
3. Add in little at a time, all of the vegetables, stir and cook on high heat for about 5 minutes, splash on the soy sauce and cook for further 1 minute.
4. Remove egg, take off shell and slice.
5. Empty all ingredients onto a plate or bowl and serve…..Yummy healthy meal in under 10 minutes!
Serves 2 or 1 if your hungry! Calories per serving 135, Fat 6g 2.1g sat. fat, Carbs 12g, Protein 9g.
1 cup or about 1 large handful kale
2 eggs, 1 egg white
50ml skimmed milk
salt and pepper to season
8 cherry tomatoes
20g cheddar cheese (grated) or you can use whichever you prefer
1 teaspoon oregano
1. Preheat oven to 190 deg. Lightly fry Kale and tomatoes in a shallow pan for about 6-8 mins.
2. Meanwhile whisk eggs, white, milk, salt, pepper and oregano together.
3. Transfer Kale and tomatoes into an oven ready dish, approx 8″ diameter.
4. Add grated cheese on top evenly and pour in egg mixture evenly.
5. Bake in oven for about 20 mins. Serve. Yummy!
You could use black peppercorn instead of pepper or even add in some paprika for that extra flavour.
Serves 2 – per serving 169 kcal, 5 g fat (3g sat fat), 23g carbs, 8g protein
3/4 cup of skimmed milk
4 squares of 90% cocoa chocolate
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of orange extract
1 tablespoon of splenda sugar
1. Pre-heat oven on Multilevel to 160 deg. Butter bottom and sides of custard mould/dish and sprinkle some sugar around, shaking off excess. Place into a shallow dish and set aside.
2. In a saucepan mix milk, 1 tablespoon of sugar, chocolate pieces and 1 tsp of vanilla extract, gently heat through until chocolate is melted.
3. In a bowl combine egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon of orange extract.
4. Gradually whisk the milk mixture with the egg mixture and remove any foam from surface.
5. Pour mixture into the moulds, pour boiling water into the shallow dish around the moulds and place in oven for approx 30-35 mins.
6. Remove moulds from dish and allow to completely cool in moulds/pots on a rack. Once cooled, cover and refrigerate for approx 2 hours.
7. To unmold custards, loosen edges with a knife, slipping its point in between the custard and cup to let in air. Then place a dessert plate over each custard, turn mold or custard pot and plate over together releasing the custard onto plate. Decorate with some strawberries for garnish.