Perfectly cooked homemade Rustic Chips in just 12 minutes.
I love this little Crisper Plate from Hotpoint, it cooks most things in a fraction of the time and due to its non stick coating, you don’t need oil therefore its also healthier.
10 charlotte potatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp olive oil
- Wash and cut in half potatoes with skin on
- Place in a bowl or bag and season, mix to coat evenly
- Preheat the Crisper Plate on Dynamic Crisp for 2 minutes, place potatoes skin side up onto crisper and cook for 12 minutes on Dynamic Crisp setting.
I picked up a little deli delight recently……..a wee jar of Chilli Bacon Relish from eat 17, intrigued to taste I spooned a tbsp onto some crusty bread….yum……but then a thought popped into my head….oh yes this would be perfect with burgers…..and I was right…..a perfect match, was just heavenly.
Makes 4 burgers
400g Aberdeen Angus Steak mince – or a good quality one.
4 sprigs or flat leaf parsley – finely chopped
1 tsp garlic
Salt & cracked black pepper to season/taste
1 tsp dijon mustard (optional)
1 slice bread crumbled to bind
- Mix everything together in a bowl and shape into 4 burgers, making sure they are the same thickness.
- Refrigerate for about an hour
- Now for the best bit…….MY MAGIC CRISPER PLATE…..since I got my new Hotpoint ovens, I haven’t stop using this, it cooks everything in a fraction of the time and no oil is needed making everything healthier. You preheat the plate for about 2-3mins, place the burgers onto the plate and cook for about 12 mins using the crisper setting. You don’t need to turn over, just pop in and cook. It crisps and cooks the underside while cooking from the top……magic!
- If you don’t have the crisper plate, to cook burgers I would heat a little oil on a griddle plate or fry pan on the hob to a medium to high heat and cook for about 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Warm up your bread rolls in an oven for a few minutes, place burgers onto the rolls, place a few slices of cheddar, place under the grill until slightly melted then scoop a tsp of the chilli and bacon relish on top……serve. OH YUMMY!
12 minutes later….no oil…no turning:-
Oh yes……my magic little crisper plate performs again with excellent results.
Thought I would try an omelette this time as it is a 50/50 chance I get the flip right in a pan……lol!
This crisper plate cooks right through without flipping in just 2 minutes…..oh yes just 2 minutes!
Makes 1 large omelette – 2 people or 1 if your hungry…lol!
Cooked smoked ham pieces
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat crisper plate on crisp setting for 3 minutes
- Whisk together eggs and seasoning, pour onto crisper plate
- Add on your fillings, for me this time it was ham and cheese. (spinach is another fav of mine)
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 2 minutes. Yummy! NO FLIPPING! Perfect omelette.
When I got my new Hotpoint Combi Oven with this Crisper Plate, I didn’t realise just how much I would use it, I call it my magic plate as it cooks everything in a fraction of the time with tasty results.
We all want healthy meals in minutes these days and this little plate does it all. This was one of the first recipes I had seen and used, so tasty and in 12 minutes.
Serves 2 people.
1 large chicken breast – cut into large chunks
6 Salad potatoes of your choice – sliced in half
1 red & green pepper – sliced
1 red onion – wedges
1 garlic clove – sliced
Tomatoes on the vine – I used Piccolo (my fav)
1 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
- I sprinkled my chicken pieces with some smoked paprika for extra flavour – you can of course use anything. I’ve also used rosemary.
- Preheat the crisper plate on the crisper setting for 3 minutes
- Place the potatoes, onion, garlic and peppers in a food bag and drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil in with salt & pepper and shake to coat.
- Place all ingredients onto the crisper plate and cook for 12 mins on the crisper setting.
- Its as easy as that………healthy quick meal in minutes.
- The tomatoes turn very juicy while cooking for that length of time which gives you your juice for the meal, if you don’t like it too juicy, add the tomatoes after 6 minutes.
We decided to have a spanish afternoon and I was dying to try something different in my new Crisper Plate. Absolutely loved this recipe, healthy, tasty and only 12 minutes in my new crisper plate.
Perfectly served with some San Miguel…….we just needed the sunshine…lol!
Makes a 12 inch size – 4 portions
250g potatoes – sliced (I left skin on but it’s up to you)
1 tbsp butter or oil
Sliced onion (I used shallots – better flavour)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat crisp plate for 3 mins. Place butter on a allow to melt
- Place potatoes onto plate.
- Cook on Dynamic Crisp for 5 minutes.
- Place the onion on top of potatoes and cook further for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs, milk and salt & pepper together then pour over potatoes.
- Cook further for 3 minutes
- Turn on grill and brown for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve. Yummy!
I’m just loving my new oven from Hotpoint, it comes with a crisper plate which you preheat then cook directly on, great for crisping up food but also great for those crispy bottoms…..which means….no soggy bottoms!! lol!
I decided to try a quiche, normally you have to preheat your oven then blind bake your pastry, this little crisper plate eliminated all of that……..and in just 14 mins my quiche was baked to perfection with a crispy bottom. The plate is 12.5″ in diameter, so perfect family size too.
Makes 8 slices.
1 roll approx 250 g puff pastry
2-3 leeks – finely sliced
300 ml double cream
300 g grated Gouda cheese
8 slices of smoked bacon – chopped
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat your crisper plate (2mins) or your oven to 180 deg.
2. Fry the bacon on crisper plate for 3 mins (no oil required) OR in a fry pan with a little oil until browned.
3. Remove then lightly fry the leeks on the crisper plate with a knob of butter for 4 mins OR in a fry pan until browned slightly. Remove and put to side with bacon.
4. Beat together the cream and eggs then add in the cheese and mix
5. Lay the pastry over the crisper tray or basking dish if using the oven. (Blind bake pastry for about 10mins if using the oven)
6. Lay in the bacon and leeks evenly then pour in the cheese mixture evenly. Season with salt & pepper.
7. Trim off any ends for an even finish.
8. Cook on Dynamic Crisp setting for 14 mins. OR bake in oven for about 25-30 mins.
Looking for something different to do with haggis and having some Chilli relish in the cupboard with thanks to Lynn from Everything Chilli http://www.everythingchilli.co.uk/ and my local Food Assembly, I came up with this perfect match.
Haggis – 100g – I used Scott’s of Huntly (really tasty Haggis)
2 tbsp of Beetroot and Apple Chilli Relish
Assorted Vegetables to serve
1 Pepper (Colour of your choice)
- Firstly pre-heat your grill to high and slice in half the pepper then chargrill the peppers until slightly browned.
- Using a microwave on high level cook the haggis for approx 2 mins per 100g.
- Mash up and stir in the relish until mixed through.
- Remove the peppers and spoon the haggis mixture into pepper boats……..Serve! Yummy!