I have found a little trick to make the perfect poached eggs! For ages, probably like everyone, you make them in a pan of water and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Plus they take about 10 minutes in total. This little trick is 1 minute……..yes 1 minute! So easy…..so quick….same taste and structure. What’s not to like?
First take a ramekin (or similar round deep dish), fill 3/4 way with water (cold is ok).
Secondly crack the egg into the water, then with a sharp knife gently prick the egg yolk (you must do this or else the egg will explode)
Thirdly put into a microwave on power level 900w for 1 minute = runny yolk, 1.5 minutes = hard yolk.
Honestly…….it’s that easy and that quick! You’ll never look back.
Note:- Timings may vary depending on microwave power.
On deciding what to do next using my crisper plate, I thought I’ve not really tried a cake?? Would it work?? Only 1 way to find out………………………..results were fab, tasty and baked in 10 minutes…….revelation!
200g Dark Chocolate – Melted (I used 70% cocoa)
170g golden caster sugar
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
- If you have an Induction hob, melt chocolate in a pan on No. 1, if not melt using a glass bowl over boiling water. Once nearly melted add in butter and melt through, stirring a couple of times. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Chop nuts into very small pieces or use a processor and pulse but make sure not to make into crumbs.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites
- One at a time add egg yolks to the chocolate and butter mix, stirring continuously.
- Then stir in vanilla, sugar, nuts & flour
- Whisk the egg whites together until stiff peaks, then gently fold into your chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto the crisper plate and cook on dynamic crisp setting for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled remove from plate, slice and serve with some lovely whipped cream or ice cream if you prefer. YUMMY!!!!
Perfectly cooked homemade Rustic Chips in just 12 minutes.
I love this little Crisper Plate from Hotpoint, it cooks most things in a fraction of the time and due to its non stick coating, you don’t need oil therefore its also healthier.
10 charlotte potatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp olive oil
- Wash and cut in half potatoes with skin on
- Place in a bowl or bag and season, mix to coat evenly
- Preheat the Crisper Plate on Dynamic Crisp for 2 minutes, place potatoes skin side up onto crisper and cook for 12 minutes on Dynamic Crisp setting.
I picked up a little deli delight recently……..a wee jar of Chilli Bacon Relish from eat 17, intrigued to taste I spooned a tbsp onto some crusty bread….yum……but then a thought popped into my head….oh yes this would be perfect with burgers…..and I was right…..a perfect match, was just heavenly.
Makes 4 burgers
400g Aberdeen Angus Steak mince – or a good quality one.
4 sprigs or flat leaf parsley – finely chopped
1 tsp garlic
Salt & cracked black pepper to season/taste
1 tsp dijon mustard (optional)
1 slice bread crumbled to bind
- Mix everything together in a bowl and shape into 4 burgers, making sure they are the same thickness.
- Refrigerate for about an hour
- Now for the best bit…….MY MAGIC CRISPER PLATE…..since I got my new Hotpoint ovens, I haven’t stop using this, it cooks everything in a fraction of the time and no oil is needed making everything healthier. You preheat the plate for about 2-3mins, place the burgers onto the plate and cook for about 12 mins using the crisper setting. You don’t need to turn over, just pop in and cook. It crisps and cooks the underside while cooking from the top……magic!
- If you don’t have the crisper plate, to cook burgers I would heat a little oil on a griddle plate or fry pan on the hob to a medium to high heat and cook for about 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Warm up your bread rolls in an oven for a few minutes, place burgers onto the rolls, place a few slices of cheddar, place under the grill until slightly melted then scoop a tsp of the chilli and bacon relish on top……serve. OH YUMMY!
12 minutes later….no oil…no turning:-
Oh yes……my magic little crisper plate performs again with excellent results.
Thought I would try an omelette this time as it is a 50/50 chance I get the flip right in a pan……lol!
This crisper plate cooks right through without flipping in just 2 minutes…..oh yes just 2 minutes!
Makes 1 large omelette – 2 people or 1 if your hungry…lol!
Cooked smoked ham pieces
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat crisper plate on crisp setting for 3 minutes
- Whisk together eggs and seasoning, pour onto crisper plate
- Add on your fillings, for me this time it was ham and cheese. (spinach is another fav of mine)
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 2 minutes. Yummy! NO FLIPPING! Perfect omelette.
When I got my new Hotpoint Combi Oven with this Crisper Plate, I didn’t realise just how much I would use it, I call it my magic plate as it cooks everything in a fraction of the time with tasty results.
We all want healthy meals in minutes these days and this little plate does it all. This was one of the first recipes I had seen and used, so tasty and in 12 minutes.
Serves 2 people.
1 large chicken breast – cut into large chunks
6 Salad potatoes of your choice – sliced in half
1 red & green pepper – sliced
1 red onion – wedges
1 garlic clove – sliced
Tomatoes on the vine – I used Piccolo (my fav)
1 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
- I sprinkled my chicken pieces with some smoked paprika for extra flavour – you can of course use anything. I’ve also used rosemary.
- Preheat the crisper plate on the crisper setting for 3 minutes
- Place the potatoes, onion, garlic and peppers in a food bag and drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil in with salt & pepper and shake to coat.
- Place all ingredients onto the crisper plate and cook for 12 mins on the crisper setting.
- Its as easy as that………healthy quick meal in minutes.
- The tomatoes turn very juicy while cooking for that length of time which gives you your juice for the meal, if you don’t like it too juicy, add the tomatoes after 6 minutes.
We decided to have a spanish afternoon and I was dying to try something different in my new Crisper Plate. Absolutely loved this recipe, healthy, tasty and only 12 minutes in my new crisper plate.
Perfectly served with some San Miguel…….we just needed the sunshine…lol!
Makes a 12 inch size – 4 portions
250g potatoes – sliced (I left skin on but it’s up to you)
1 tbsp butter or oil
Sliced onion (I used shallots – better flavour)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat crisp plate for 3 mins. Place butter on a allow to melt
- Place potatoes onto plate.
- Cook on Dynamic Crisp for 5 minutes.
- Place the onion on top of potatoes and cook further for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs, milk and salt & pepper together then pour over potatoes.
- Cook further for 3 minutes
- Turn on grill and brown for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve. Yummy!