Looking for something different to do with haggis and having some Chilli relish in the cupboard with thanks to Lynn from Everything Chilli http://www.everythingchilli.co.uk/ and my local Food Assembly, I came up with this perfect match.
Haggis – 100g – I used Scott’s of Huntly (really tasty Haggis)
2 tbsp of Beetroot and Apple Chilli Relish
Assorted Vegetables to serve
1 Pepper (Colour of your choice)
- Firstly pre-heat your grill to high and slice in half the pepper then chargrill the peppers until slightly browned.
- Using a microwave on high level cook the haggis for approx 2 mins per 100g.
- Mash up and stir in the relish until mixed through.
- Remove the peppers and spoon the haggis mixture into pepper boats……..Serve! Yummy!
Looking again for something different, thought I’d combine my breakfast together, with my love of Green Tea and Porridge in the morning this was a bit of a chance but it kinda worked!
200ml Green Tea
15g Chia Seeds
7g Toasted Coconut Flakes
7 g Walnuts – chopped
- Make your Green Tea as usual, add in the milk and Chia Seeds and mix, allow to blend together overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, put your porridge oats in a bowl, pour over the green tea and chia mixture.
- Cook in the microwave at 800 watt for approx 3 mins.
- Sprinkle Toasted Coconut and Walnuts on
- Serve….Yummy and very nutritious!
From my previous post as you know I visited the Good Food Show in Glasgow last week and picked up this fab Bread Dipping oil. Well, I planned on having Salmon tonight for dinner and thought….Lemon and Salmon go, why not try marinading the salmon with this oil.
And here are my results………..absolutely delicious, much better than a squeeze of lemon. Just marinade for 1 hour then I steamed cooked in my Combi Microwave and it was truly deliciously delightful!!
Check out their website http://www.charlieandivys.co.uk/
1/2 Aubergine – Cubed
1/2 Red onion – diced
1 Tomato – cubed
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 garlic clove
1/4 tbsp Walnut oil
Salt & Pepper
1/4 cup of crumbled goats cheese
1/4 cup (30g) toasted walnuts – chopped
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- To make the dressing mix the lemon juice, walnut oil and garlic in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Steam the aubergine for 10 mins. Squeeze any excess water. (If you have a Luce Combi microwave use the vegetable setting to steam)
- Combine the Aubergine, goat cheese, walnuts, tomato, red onion, and parsley in a large bowl with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Serve with a tasty glass of Chardonnay.
Approx 250 calories per serving. Makes 1 serving. Serve with some lemon hot water for extra metabolism boost.
1 Warburtons Wholemeal Sandwich Thin (Toasted)
2 medium eggs
Handful of Baby Spinach (Chopped)
Small bunch Chives (Chopped) about 1tbsp
1 tsp of cracked black pepper
1 tbsp of extra light cream cheese (I use philli)
1. Whisk together eggs, chives, spinach and pepper in a microwave bowl and heat on full power in microwave (900-1000W) for about 1 minute. I done this for quickness, you can however put into a non stick pan and stir until scrambled.
2. Spread toasted thin with the Cream Cheese and put scrambled eggs on top, season with some pepper and serve.
I was inspired to give this a try by a fellow Blogger http://www.myfussyeater.com/, I have to say it was delicious, a very light, healthy and filling lunch. I made enough for 4 servings and chilled 3 for later.
Approx 270 calories per serving.
1 medium Cauliflower
3 Handfuls of Spinach
drizzle olive oil
75g Long grain and Wild rice (or you can use what you prefer)
1/2 lime juice
1/2 tsp garlic
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Blitz the cauliflower in a processor until rice like consistency
2. Add in the Spinach and blitz to blend through adding a little olive oil if needed.
3. Meanwhile cook rice as per packet instructions until soft.
4. Also boil 2 medium eggs until slightly hard boiled (about 7 mins)
5. Empty Cauliflower and Spinach into a microwave container and cover with cling film, pierce film with a few holes and cook in a microwave for 3 mins on high power (900W)
6. Mash together the avocado, lime juice and garlic
7. Empty rice and cauliflower mixture into a large bowl then add in the avocado mix and stir well until mixed together. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
8. Put rice mixture onto plate and slice the boiled egg on top. You can drizzle a tbsp of low fat mayo for extra taste. YUMMY!
Serve with a Green Tea for maximum health benefits………………GO GREEN!!!
I might try putting some Chilli through it next time to give an extra kick.
Scottish Salmon with Potato, Spinach and Beetroot Gnocchetti. (Whole meal 420 calories and 3 minutes to cook!)
I visited the Hopetoun Farm Shop and found this Tri Gnocchetti, thought it sounded lovely and yes it tasted fabulous too. Made in Italy by the Fresh Pasta Company. Needed to Scottish the meal up though, so I bought some fresh Scottish Salmon.
1 x Portion of Scottish Salmon – I used my Automatic Fish programme on my Combi Microwave, it steam cooks it in under 2.05 mins for a 125g portion. I splashed some lemon juice and some fresh chopped parsley on top. Lovely!
1 x 150g portion of Gnocchetti – Bring a pan of water to boil, drop in Gnocchetti and cook on high heat for about 60 seconds or until they rise to top of water, remove with slotted spoon, place onto plate and top with Salmon.
Serve with a lovely Chardonnay. Mmmmmmmm! Perfecto Friday dinner.