Tonight I was using up leftovers, I hate seeing any food go to waste….lol!
With a sweet potato and 1/2 can of mixed beans, I decided on a burgers, my first time at a sweet potato burger too. It was absolutely delicious.
1 sweet potato
1/2 can of mixed beans ( I used five bean salad)
1/2 garlic clove
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp ground smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper and nutmeg to taste
1 tsp maple syrup
2 tbsp flour to help bind
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Cook the sweet potato, you can roast in an oven or boil them, I preferred to steam cook them as it keeps more of the flavour in. I used my fabulous Steam Accessory I got with my new Hotpoint oven. Only took 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, empty the beans and all the spices into a bowl and mix.
- Then add the cooked potato to the bowl – please allow the potato to cool first. Take a masher and mash up.
- Preheat the oil in a pan to medium heat.
- If the mixture is too wet, add in a little flour to help bind. Take handful of mixture and make into a burger like shape.
- Top with sesame seeds then cook for about 5 minutes on each.
- Serve. Yummy!