Oh we do love a good cupcake for afternoon coffee break. We bought some new coffee beans to try but then realised we didn’t have any cake to go with it…..so off I went to the kitchen to see what I had. Bananas from last week that were perfect for cake making, so that made my decision, banana cake it was. So yummy!
80g self raising flour
120g light brown sugar (or you can use caster sugar)
20g cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 medium ripe banana – mashed
- Preheat oven to 180 deg. Put all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, cocoa powder) into a mixing bowl and mix through.
- Then put all the wet ingredients (egg, milk, vanilla, banana) into a separate bowl and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk together. It should be runny but not too runny.
- Put some cases into a muffin tin and pour the mixture into each, only 1/2 to 3/4 way, leave room for rising. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until a knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a rack and then decorate to your own tastes. I just used some icing as I didn’t have any frosting.
I made some plain chocolate ones too, follow everything above but just take out the banana.