After coming down with the cold over the holidays, I was on a mission not only to eat healthier but to use food as a natural healer, so that means more antioxidants and vegetables. Turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 onion – chopped
salt & pepper to season
1 pint of vegetable broth
1/2 can of coconut milk
2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- Pre-heat you oven to 230 deg C.
- Chop up the cauliflower into small florets/cubes, add in the chopped garlic and oil into a bowl and mix through until all combined.
- Place the cauliflower onto a baking tray and bake for about 25 mins.
- Heat a tbsp oil in a pan and gently fry the onion, add the veg stock and bring to the boil, add in the cauliflower then cover and simmer for about 15 mins.
- Add in the coconut milk and stir through, using a hand blender, blend until smooth.
- Cook your rice separately then once ready add to the soup and mix through.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with coriander.
This was really tasty and so healthy and filling.