After collecting my Goat Joint from the amazing Harris Farm Meats https://harrisfarmmeats.scot/ at the Glasgow Food Assembly https://thefoodassembly.com/en/assemblies/7907 this week I then had to decided what I was going to do with it, I came across this amazing recipe and totally fell in love with the ingredients, so here is my creation which deliveries the most amazing flavours in your mouth.
Goat is a new taste for me and my partner and I would thoroughly recommend it.
1 x Goat Joint (this was 1.1kg) was enough for about 4 people.
2 x onions – red or white (I used 1 of each)
2 cloves of garlic or 1 tbsp granules
1″ ginger root or 1 tbsp ginger paste or granules
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp gram masala
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 Green Chillies
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp ground almonds (optional)
4 -6 cloves
- Put all ingredients (apart from cloves and goat joint) into a food processor and blend into a paste.
- Preheat oven to 160 deg.
- Remove any fat from the Goat Meat. Use a sharp knife and make deep pockets above the bone at each side and then small cuts all over the meat.
- Push the cloves into some of the pockets and also push some of the spice mixture into the rest then cover the meat with remaining mixture.
- Place into a lightly oiled baking tin and cover with tin foil loosely.
- Bake for approx 3-4 hours and remove foil 10 minutes before end to brown. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Oh so Yummy!
- I served with some vegetable couscous which went perfectly. Oh…and a wee glass of Pinot Noir! Delicious.