A Healthier and Lighter way for a truly scrumptious pie. Love this combination and love the fewer calories using filo. We do love our pie Sunday’s.
Makes 2 pies
2 Chicken Breasts – cubed
1 Leek – sliced finely
4 lean smoked bacon – sliced
1 Chicken Stock cube
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp nutmeg
Salt & pepper
- Brown chicken in a medium heat pan, the remove from pan
- In the same pan brown the bacon and remove from pan
- Saute the leeks in the same pan and remove
- Melt butter in the pan and gently stir in the flour to a smooth paste
- Crumble the chicken stock cube into the milk and the slowly add to the pan little at a time stirring until thickened.
- Add the chicken, leeks, and bacon, season and add nutmeg then simmer for 15 mins.
- Brush the filo sheets with melted butter or a little olive oil.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into an oven dish equally then scrunch each filo sheet and add to top of mixture in dish.
- Bake in an oven 180 deg for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
- Serve with some veg or potatoes….Yummy!
I always know I’ve made a perfect pie when my partner leaves nothing on the plate..lol.!