I had some puff pastry left in the fridge and some cream, so, yep you guessed it…..cream puffs! Add a hint of lemon for an Easter flavour and voila……..Lemon Puffs were born! So Tasty, so easy, so happy!
1/2 sheet of ready made Puff Pastry
100ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
Juice of 1 lemon and Zest
- Preheat oven to 180 deg.
- Roll out Puff pastry as thin as you can without breaking.
- Using a knife cut into strip about 2 inch wide and the cut lengthways about 6 inch long. Place onto greaseproof paper on a baking tray. Sift some icing sugar over pastry and refrigerate for about 5 mins.
- Remove from fridge and bake for 10 mins or until golden brown and puffed up.
- Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make cream, pour cream into a bowl, add icing sugar, vanilla essence and lemon juice and zest whisk until stiff and glossy.
- Using a spatula put cream into a piping bag and then pipe dollops onto half of the puff pastry and using the other puff pastries make a stack, sift some icing sugar over and finish of with remainder of cream. You can do any design you like.