This was my 2nd batch of today, after a night out last night we wanted some Home Comfort Food, so off to the kitchen I went and decided on a quick Muffin Recipe. After looking at what I had in cupboards my Maple Syrup and Chocolate combo were just the ticket to tackle our munchie (hungry) feeling!
Makes 6 Muffins
125g Self Raising Flour
50g Softened Butter
1 egg beaten
50g Caster Sugar
40g soft light brown sugar
1 tbsp semi skimmed milk
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
FOR THE TOPPINGS
1 handful (20-30g chocolate drops)
1 Cup (50g Icing Sugar)
1 tbsp Semi Skimmed Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 180 deg. Line a muffin tine with paper cases.
- Beat the butter until soft, gradually add in Brown sugar and caster sugar until combined and fluffy.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl, Slowly add in the eggs to the sugar mix, add in the Maple Syrup and mix.
- Sift the flour into the sugar mix in 3 batches, adding a little of the tbsp of milk after each batch until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake in the oven for about 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix the Icing sugar, milk and vanilla extract together until you get a fine paste like solution.
- 5 minutes before the muffins are ready, remove from oven and press the chocolate drops on top of the muffins, bake for the remainder, allowing chocolate to slightly melt in.
- Remove from oven and using the icing sugar mix drizzle over the muffins……you can be creative here if you want!
- Allow to cool for 10 mins……….and then devour….YUMMY!
Check out my banana and Coconut Muffins here also.
BEWARE!……your kitchen WILL get messy! lol!
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 45.4 mg
- Sodium: 79.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 42 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 19.6 g
- Protein: 5 g