My Homemade Crustless Quiche…great thing about this is you can add any ingredient you like. It is also lower in calories as there is no pastry, so you can make it as healthy as you like.
4 rashers of smoked bacon – chopped (I used morrisons 70% reduced fat bacon)
100ml milk or half fat cream (I used semi skimmed milk to help reduce calories)
handful spring onions – finely chopped
handful of cherry tomatoes – halved
Salt & Pepper
1 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp Nutmeg
- Add chopped bacon to a little spray oil in a hot pan and brown all over. Remove.
- Add bacon, tomatoes and spring onion to an oven dish (approx 15cm x 20cm x 2-3 cm deep) then sprinkle over the nutmeg and coriander.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk and season, pour over the dish mixture evenly.
- Finely grated some cheese of your choice over the top, I just used cheddar for this one.
5. Place into a preheated oven at 180 deg and bake for approx 30-40 mins, checking that your cheese doesn’t burn too quickly, if it does cover with some foil loosely or leave cheese off until 10-15 mins before ready. (Depends what cheese you are using).
6. Serve with a lovely salad for lunch or some boiled potatoes for dinner. Yum!