Serves 2 – This is so tasty!
1 large or 2 small Chicken Breasts – diced
8 Cardamom Pods
1 onion, finely chopped
2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tbsp root ginger, peeled and grated
2 green chillies, chopped finely
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
2 tsp ground coriander
250ml coconut milk
1 sweet potato, cut into small chunks
1 lemon juiced
salt to taste
1 tbsp olive oil to fry
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the cardamom pods and fry over a medium heat for about 2 minutes
2. Add the onion, garlic, chillies and ginger and fry gently, while continuing to stir, for about 5 minutes
3. Stir in the turmeric, ground coriander and coconut milk. Season to taste with salt and bring to the boil
4. Add the chicken pieces, pressing them down into the sauce. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 5 minutes, covered
5. Stir in the sweet potatoes, cover and continue to simmer for a further 10 minutes
6. Uncover the pan, increase the heat slightly and cook for a further 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, the sauce has thickened and the sweet potato is tender. Stir once or twice towards the end of cooking time to prevent the sauce from burning.
7. Stir in lemon juice, cook for 1 more minute and then serve on a bed of rice or other preferred choice.