Amaretti Low Carb Biscuits – Makes approx 16-20 – Per biscuit: 51 calories, 0.5g carbs, 4g fat, 2g protein
150g Almond flour
3 Tbsp Splenda Sugar or alternative (Truvia)
2 Egg Whites
1.5 tbsp Amaretto Disaronno liqueur
1. Pre-heat oven 170 deg
2. Whisk egg whites until stiff
3. Mix flour and sugar together, then add flour mixture to the egg mixture 1 tablespoon at a time mixing in.
4. Add in Disaronno liqueur and mix well.
5. Line baking tray with greaseproof paper and spoon into small round shapes or roll into a small ball in hands and then flatten. Make sure there is at least 2 cm between as they will expand slightly.
6. Bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Let cool and store in an airtight container until desired.
Goes well with a lovely Disaronno Liqueur coffee
1. Make up some real coffee ie: filtered or beans whichever is your preference.
2. While coffee is filtering, pour some milk approx 100ml into a jug and whisk until frothy, you can also heat milk up first before whisking.
3. Pour approx 25ml of liqueur into a tall latte style mug.
4. Pour coffee slowly in and then top with the frothy milk.
Serve with amaretti biscuits….Yummy afternoon delight!