A. Carrot and Sesame Cups – (95 calories, 5g fat, 0.6g sat fat, 7g carbs, 4g protein)
50g oat bran
1 tsp sea salt
50g sesame seeds
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp of chilli flakes for extra spice (this is optional, but tastes great!)
1. Roughly chop cauliflower and carrot and blitz in a food processor until fine pieces, tip into a large bowl.
2. Add the oat bran, eggs, salt and sesame seeds and mix through.
3. Lightly oil a muffin tin and spoon the mixture into the cups and pat down flat, spoon a little on top a mould to make a rounded top.
4. Preheat oven on Multilevel or fan to 180 deg and cook for 20-25 mins, leave to cool slightly (a few mins) and serve with some fresh salad for lunch or some rice for dinner.
B. Bacon and Leek Frittata Cups – (cal 115, fat 8g, sat fat 2.3g, carbs 3g, protein 6.4g)
150g new potatoes (or you can use sweet potato)
1 tbsp olive oil
8 rashers bacon
bunch parsley fresh or dried
salt and pepper
1. Wash potatoes, slice or dice finely and boil for 10 mins
2. Finely slice leeks, chop the bacon ans saute them on the olive oil until soft and browned.
3. If sliced potato, arrange on bottom of mould, if diced, mash roughly and press into bottom of mould, spoon in the leek and bacon mixture.
4. Whisk the eggs with the salt & pepper and pour evenly into each cup to fill. Sprinkle a little parsley in top.
5. Preheat oven on Multilevel to Fan to 180 deg and cook for 25 mins. Leave to cool slightly (a few mins), then serve with some fresh salad or rice.
Both of these can be frozen and reheated in an oven for 10 mins.