Serves 2/3 – It may not look and smell the nicest but it is definitely tasty.
2 Scottish smoked haddock pieces (dyed) – sliced approx. 1″
150ml single cream
500ml chicken stock
Diced smoked bacon (3 slices)
Cubed potatoes (3 medium size)
1 white onion chopped
1 carrot sliced or chopped
2 Bay leaves
1 teaspoon thyme
1. Brown onion and bacon in pan of oil
2. add potatoes and mix, continue to brown for 3 mins
3. add stock, haddock, carrot, thyme and bay leaves simmer for 15 mins
4. add cream and cook for further 3 mins
5. slightly mash and serve with some warm bread.