I picked up a little deli delight recently……..a wee jar of Chilli Bacon Relish from eat 17, intrigued to taste I spooned a tbsp onto some crusty bread….yum……but then a thought popped into my head….oh yes this would be perfect with burgers…..and I was right…..a perfect match, was just heavenly.
Makes 4 burgers
400g Aberdeen Angus Steak mince – or a good quality one.
4 sprigs or flat leaf parsley – finely chopped
1 tsp garlic
Salt & cracked black pepper to season/taste
1 tsp dijon mustard (optional)
1 slice bread crumbled to bind
- Mix everything together in a bowl and shape into 4 burgers, making sure they are the same thickness.
- Refrigerate for about an hour
- Now for the best bit…….MY MAGIC CRISPER PLATE…..since I got my new Hotpoint ovens, I haven’t stop using this, it cooks everything in a fraction of the time and no oil is needed making everything healthier. You preheat the plate for about 2-3mins, place the burgers onto the plate and cook for about 12 mins using the crisper setting. You don’t need to turn over, just pop in and cook. It crisps and cooks the underside while cooking from the top……magic!
- If you don’t have the crisper plate, to cook burgers I would heat a little oil on a griddle plate or fry pan on the hob to a medium to high heat and cook for about 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Warm up your bread rolls in an oven for a few minutes, place burgers onto the rolls, place a few slices of cheddar, place under the grill until slightly melted then scoop a tsp of the chilli and bacon relish on top……serve. OH YUMMY!
12 minutes later….no oil…no turning:-